Old 06-19-16, 08:35 PM
BeboSaab
Banned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by veganbikes
The Cold War is long over so this 3rd world doesn't exist anymore and hasn't for a long long long time. The 1st world was countries aligned with the U.S. during the cold war, the 2nd world was those aligned with the Soviet Union and the 3rd world was countries not aligned with either the U.S. or the Soviet Union.

What it sounds like to me is you need to relax a bit and stop trying to be as macho as possible and as always DON'T BE A DICK! These are all words we can live by. It is fine to get angry once and a while when someone truly does something wrong but people riding/walking/jogging/strolling/scooting on a multi use path are not any reason to get angry neither are people from the Cold War era or people of other races, genders, religions, sexual orientations, or what have you.

If MUPs are bothering you than maybe MUPs are not the best place for you to ride. I know I tend to avoid them because things are pretty chaotic and most people don't know how to use them properly. Maybe what you need is a velodrome where everything is generally more stable as people are going in the same direction doing the same thing and you can use your aggression in a better way.
I was talking more about the American vernacular version of 3rd world which is different from the original definition, I am aware of both definitions and I am grateful to you for attempting to educate me.

I'm not sure macho is the right word. I don't stare people down, I never talk shyt and I'm never aggressive at all. I really go out of my way to avoid conflict on the fixie. I don't do shyt to cars and I don't ride in the road with them. I drive a Mazda Miata which is a pretty feminine / gay car.

I don't mind people using strollers on a multi use path, I have never once gotten pissed at this. Walkers don't bother me unless they form a group of 5 and block the whole path to be aggressive, it's usually the inner city kids doing this but it's uncommon.

I tend to ride late at night to avoid the heat and people but now I'm getting attacked doing that lol, jumped by multiple attackers, just can't win.

Velodrome seems like a cool idea, maybe I'll give that a shot.

The standard stuff that happens on MUPs isn't it, people are screaming their heads off at me trying to start fights for no reason all the time and I'm having trouble not drilling these dudes into the pavement with huge throws. Last summer I just smoked this 18 year old weightlifting kid and I'm trying to avoid that this year, was in 2 fixie related fights in 2015 and 1 in 2016 already.