Old 11-22-19, 07:09 AM
carpediemracing 

Bikes: Tsunami road bikes, Dolan DF4 track

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 385 Post(s)
Liked 180 Times in 102 Posts
Originally Posted by Baby Puke
I own a DF4, and while it's a great bike, mine took some fiddling to get it working. The seat post binder is an issue, you may have read about it. I have a PVC pipe down my seat the as insurance against slipping (and it was slipping at first). The latest seat post clamp has an insane torque rating thatI'd be afraid to apply to a bolt that size. I don't, and it combination with the PVC pipe, it's no longer moving. Also, I had some headset issues, now fixed. I'm really happy with it now, but it took some work to get it solid. The aero seat post is not even something I was looking for, but the price was too good to ignore.

From those I know who have the Dixie, the 56 is pretty short. Most people who would usually be on a 56 are on the 58 Dixie I believe. You should go by the reach figure in the geo chart rather than the top tube length with that bike.
Thanks for this feedback.

I felt the 56 was really short on the Dixie, I'd lose maybe 2 cm total reach, a significant amount when I'm already on a 145 stem. I contemplated the 58 but the c-t is 52 cm which I can barely straddle on a flat surface, forget about a sloped one with a downhill. It'd be nice to be able to clip out on either side and not worry about falling over.

The seat post thing... I'm okay with some fiddling but in the end I want a bike that's predictable. I don't want to be wondering if things will hold up when I make an effort. If it takes a short pipe or whatever, okay.