Old 02-24-21, 10:52 AM
topflightpro

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1851 Post(s)
Liked 675 Times in 427 Posts
Years ago, Rock Hill used to do mass start and sprints on Friday Nights. So we would do a Scratch race, then a round of sprints, then points, round of sprints....

And yes, there would be 3 categories or so for mass start stuff. Generally, racing started at 6 or 7 and finished somewhere around 11. And yes, there was a lot of sitting around, but it didn't really feel like it. Since I did both the mass start and sprint stuff, I was spending my downtime swapping gears and catching my breath. So, it never felt like I was sitting around.

The last couple of years, they've done mass start races on Friday nights and TT/Sprints on Saturdays. I've been doing just the TT/IP and Sprint days. There's a lot more sitting around than is necessary, and we've asked that they move the sprints up - last year, TTs/IPs started at 9 and Sprints at 2. But the TTs were usually done by 10:30 or 11, so we had to sit around for 3 hours waiting for Sprints. Then the Sprint session would run til 4:30 or 5. (I generally don't mind, and often need, the 20 min breaks between my sprints.)

I'm optimistic that this year, Sprints will start at 11 or as soon as the TTs/IPs are done, assuming they go past 11.