View Single Post
Old 03-04-21, 02:48 AM
base2 
I am potato.

Bikes: Only precision built, custom high performance elitist machines of the highest caliber. 🍆

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1790 Post(s)
Liked 1,631 Times in 934 Posts
From a tire width perspective I wouldn't bother. A lot of cost for not very much benefit.

From a pedal strike perspective, is that 13mm height change going to make a difference? That depends on how you ride. Pedal strikes have a way of launching you off the bike in very unpleasent ways. I had a bike shop install an eccentric the wrong way 'round one time. They installed it so the bb being adjusted was between 3&6&9 o'clock instead of the usual upper half of around 12 o'clock. It took 3 pedal stikes that resulted in unscheduled stops into a drainage ditch, juniper bushes, & a face plant into a gravel patch before We figured out the mechanics error.

The difference of center minus 13mm & center plus 13mm was/is huge IME...Yours may be different, though.

If you happen across a decent wheel set for a good deal or free? Sure. Otherwise, I'm not sure it'd be worth it. 38 such a good well rounded compromise, it's a tough size to beat unless you have a very specific goal to optimize for.

Car dependency is a tax.
Likes For base2: