Old 04-22-19, 12:45 PM
aaronmcd

Bikes: Cervelo S5, Marin Gestalt X11

Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 554 Post(s)
Liked 65 Times in 45 Posts
Originally Posted by Hermes
I like the leg work followed by cycling. That is what I had to do at my coaches cycling gym. I also think that there is benefit to reinforcing the cycling neurology after leg work.

I can see Keirin cut jeans in your future along with sleeveless jerseys to accommodate your biceps.
It's weird how I can trash my legs in the gym but then they are fine on the bike. If I do a big ride first I probably need a few hours to rest and refuel before hitting the gym.

Originally Posted by Wylde06
With the weather getting warmer, im going to have switch to going to the gym first thing in the morning before work. Never was much a morning person, and definitely dont like working out in the morning during the week..but it is going to be hard to balance lifting and riding if i want to keep doing both.
How do you balance rest? Do you deload on recovery week or offset them? I'm due for a rest week after this week on the bike, and a deload any day now. Debating deload this week in hopes of squeezing a bit more out of the bike before recovery week. Or do both at once and maybe come back fresher for both.