View Single Post
Old 08-23-19, 08:53 AM
hubcyclist

Bikes: 2017 Raleigh RX 1.0, 2018 Specialized Allez

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 471 Post(s)
Liked 631 Times in 336 Posts
Flying back home today with my bike (and my 8 year old, we're traveling sans mom). Thought I'd ride more legit gravel roads after Saturday's 150mile adventure, but stuck with a flat crushed limestone trail that is really a nice resource, this particular trail goes 40miles one way, I stuck mainly to 40 total miles steady endurance for my riding this week, since this should be a lighter endurance week before more CX training.

I've been on a bit of a thing the past couple of days about a blurb I saw from Joe Friel regarding TSB, and that it should ideally be between -10 and -30, with anything above -10 leading to stagnation. In looking at my own chart and what I'd consider my best training phase, this sort of rings true with me. During two 6 week periods of sweet spot base my TSB stayed under -10 for almost 2 months (minus the recovery weeks) and since then I've done some other training but never routinely staying underneath that -10. So really once I get to next years cycle (I'm not going to do any crazy experiments during CX season), I'd really like to watch the TSB a little more closely. I've been floating this around several forums but it seems folks don't really watch their TSB very much or care about it as a metric beyond maybe making sure it doesn't dip too far. I think I got some training adaptations throughout the year from other workouts but maybe not as much as I did during the base phase when I was really having a good amount of stress and then recovery. Always fun to think about training nerd stuff
Likes For hubcyclist: