View Single Post
Old 07-25-19, 10:29 AM
Retro Grouch 

Bikes: Catrike 559 I own some others but they don't get ridden very much.

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1572 Post(s)
Liked 642 Times in 363 Posts
Originally Posted by I-Like-To-Bike
Are your kids your legal guardian? If not, demand that they return your property and tell them thanks, but no thanks when they attempt to restrict you. How you "tolerate" that kind of BS from your children is incomprehensible to me.
Originally Posted by maddmaxx
When my kids become "right" I may have to rethink things

Like having them.

And yes, I was one of the original in this subforum when it was formed.
Originally Posted by eja_ bottecchia
Shouldn’t that be your decision?

My kids all encourage me to go out and “do things.” Maybe they are hoping for an early inheritance. Little do they realize that I’ve spent it all on bikes.
Originally Posted by wphamilton
My recent fall and injury was an accident, but it's whichever you decide at your sole discretion.

I sought advice, medical and other, before getting back on the bike. But in the end it is my decision if and when to ride or walk or run, and no one else's. Your interactions here do not demonstrate any impairments, IMO, that you shouldn't have the same capability and right to your own choices.
Fortunately for me, my family is far less grim and much more fun loving than than most of the other people whom I encounter. Makes me proud. We'll banter together a little and then do fine, thank you.