View Single Post
Old 07-28-19, 03:49 PM
deacon mark

Bikes: Habanero Titanium Team Nuevo

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 396 Post(s)
Liked 183 Times in 120 Posts
This is a great forum. I always have ridden bikes since a kid they got me around and freedom. Well I started long distance running to stay in shape for baseball and keep it up so far all my life 41 years in the runners log book. I bought a bike back in 1992 to supplement my running and road off on depending. When your injured running many times the bike is your best friend. Finally about 11 years ago I went out bought a new road bike with the intention of doing my cycling as running is fine but lots of pounding.

I don't hurt running but have slowed way up. My usual 8 minute training pace till I was 40 has now dropped to 10-11 and I walk as my legs just don't want to always run. However once I went to cycling more I wonder if maybe more a cyclist. As a cyclist I have not really slowed at all in the last 10 years by much. I wonder if in my prime I might have been a much better cyclist than runner. Now I can easily go out and ride with guys even 20-25 years younger than my 58. I can ride 300 mile weeks and while I get tired I can still get up and go at it again. I retired last year and cycling is just a real outlet. This group here in the 50's is great I appreciate the advice and company.

Also like many here I got into bike mechanics and can do most anything on a bike except build a frame. I build my wheels and keep my own bike in shape. I repair guitars for a living and we luthiers like to say if you can repair a guitar...…….generally other things are much easier. I do wish at times I had others to ride with my I am lone wolf due to I don't like to be tied to any specific time frames or routes. This group takes the place of those group rides I suppose.

Last edited by deacon mark; 07-28-19 at 03:52 PM.