View Single Post
Old 04-02-09, 12:39 PM
miamijim

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 413 Post(s)
Liked 109 Times in 78 Posts
Originally Posted by prettyshady
Do you post internationally? I just posted a frame, forks and headset to japan (6kg?) and it cost me 75 euros. I thought it would cost 32 euros .... big loss! Is there a way to keep cost down or is it just not a good idea?
Originally Posted by adventurer90
I don't see where you shipped from but from the US I just did a set of wheels to New Zealand. I recall the weight was about 6-7 kg. I found Fedex, my regular big box shipped was silly expensive. The USPS was about $35 US but it had to be a certain size, something like 108 inches (length plus girth). I had to skinny down the box but it made it.
Originally Posted by curbtender
I tried to send a ten dollar bracelet to Australia via fedex and they wanted $55. They are still the cheapest for domestic.
Domesticly USPS is the best for small boxes. Be careful not to use the flat rate Priority Mail boxes unless you have small heavy part. in most instances trimming down a bo saves alot of money. I can get a derailleur from Tampa to Californis for $5 Priority mail in my own box and a seat to californis for $8.50.

For bigger boxes FedEx is the way to go.

Internationaly its USPS regardless of the package size. A seat costs $20 first class or $36 Prioirty mail to almost every foreign country from the U.S. To be honest I havent gotten a good responce from the postal service on the difference between the 2 for international shiping. They both take 6-10 buisness days.