burnthesheep
Newbie racer

Bikes: Propel, red is faster

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1575 Post(s)
Liked 1,569 Times in 974 Posts
Originally Posted by Cypress
Hate that. There are three significant climbs within 5 miles of my place, and one Cali pro came home for a "visit" and clapped all three in one ride. I've been trying to pick them off, but getting all three in one damn day is just bananas. Like, 425W for 10 mins x3 with rolling terrain between each climb. Like, even if I snag one of them back it's a hollow victory unless I can do all three at once.
Dude isn't a pro, that I know of. Is a Cat 1 though I'm pretty sure. It's just a different world for hobbyist clubbie cyclists doing the hammer ride or racing 4/5 and maybe 3 versus a Cat 1. These weren't necessarily all the most popular P/1/2/3 level segments either. We had a clydesdale clubbie in the group lose a couple. I told him I'd lead him out for a couple if he wants.

I could do one of those efforts about the same, once. Once in a ride. He did it over a dozen times. Just shows how unreal the fitness is.

Hey, Strava is a wild west of fun though. So, more power to him (literally in a way). There's no rule saying I can't come back and pick a windy day and suit up in the skinsuit and TT bike and give it 600w for 45 seconds. One KOM at a time.

If it was me though, I probably would have picked the longer/harder segments that are out of reach of the Joes.
Likes For burnthesheep: