View Single Post
Old 01-15-23, 07:42 AM
Noonievut

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 287 Post(s)
Liked 265 Times in 129 Posts
Thanks for the responses and ideas. I’ll mention some things below that touch on questions and suggestions.

- I’ve had professional fittings on both my bikes (both bikes in the same visit) but with previous Selle Italia Flight saddle. Resulting fitting on the Surly was a longer reach and lower bar than I now have on after going to the Brooks. As mentioned, that position was good for arms and neck, but uncomfortable saddle. My bars are now higher and closer, I don’t think moving them even higher and closer when I feel cramped will work?

- I think the saddle height is dialed. I feel so comfortable on the saddle, no knee pain, very balanced feeling

- my arms and shoulders initially feel very relaxed when riding. I can tell though that bars are closer and higher than I’m used to, and it’s only after riding a while that my neck and arms start to hurt a bit

- I’m going to try a stem that is 10mm longer and will see how that goes. My reach to the hoods from where my sit bones are on the saddle is ‘now’ 2cm shorter than it was with the other saddle.

Last edited by Noonievut; 01-15-23 at 07:45 AM.