View Single Post
Old 01-19-12, 06:48 AM
JMANNIEUS972

Bikes: Trek 3700 disc

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I was lifting 4 times a week with a 10-20 min jog/run before hand and biking on the 2 days after leg workouts. The bike rides will help move the lactic acid out of your quads/hammies and help you recover faster. Easliy paced rides worked for me (especially since I don't have a riding group to push me) but when I felt like I could handle attacking a hill or two I did it.

Just remember to vary your workouts and what I mean by that is do different exercises that target the same muscle group and always warm up with light cardio (specifically dynamic stretches) before and deep static stretches after. Do the same thing before your ride and you'll see how well your body adjusts!

Also,your muscles only heal when you sleep. So at a minimum, maintain your current sleep schedule if you can't afford more sack time. Last thing is to adjust your diet, I am currently doing some research on this matter since the whole thing is hieroglyphics to me. Bodybuilding.com has a ton of information on workouts w/ cardio, dieting, supplements, etc. Check it out if you want to delve into it further.

I forgot to mention, listen to your body. If you feel like you need more rest or a lighter workout, do that. Like glockenspieler said the best thing you can do is make it a habit.

Last edited by JMANNIEUS972; 01-19-12 at 06:52 AM.