Banned.

Bikes: Lemond Chambery/Cannondale R-900/Trek 8000 MTB/Burley Duet tandem

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by TrojanHorse
Did you build them up yet? Huh? Huh?
Maybre in the next two or three days if I get to it. It's not a wheel that I need, just bought the stuff in case I need it. Bought the stuff cause it was cheap. I do plan to build the rear wheel. The front I don't have any plans yet so I'll save the hub for future use, if it ever comes up.

Well, keep in mind my wheel only has about 4k miles on it; I'm not replacing the rim because the rim wore out, i'm replacing the rim because I whanged it on some big honking obstacle on GMR.
Yup, I remembered that. I was speaking more about my wheels. In your case I'm not sure but knowing me, I'd still go with new spokes. Not that anything is wrong with yours, I'm just that way. I'd keep the old ones for spares.

Where do you get your spokes around here? Mail order?
I got the spokes at my buddy's shop. Some things don't make sense to order on line at certain times. Deep V is $62 on line but $89 after shipping. Buddy sold me a V for $75'ish. Spokes were about the same as online prices so I just got them there.

Now if I see a Deep V online for $62 free shipping, then I'll order online. But that is hit and miss online.