View Single Post
Old 09-24-05, 08:18 AM
gew0419

Bikes: Sun EZ Sport, Schwinn Mesa

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
OK...so my commute in on Friday started Thursday when I go home from work. Because, since I joined Bike Forums I have been thinking about things I never thought about before. When I got home Thurday I did some cipherin' and figured out that I have a lot of redundent gears on my little Schwinn Mesa. Then Friday I did an es'peerment, really paid close attention to the gears actually used getting to work and then home again. Out of 24 choices I have for gears I use 9...that's it, just 9 gears. But the other 15 make my bike look really cool! (I guess) Maybe I think too much.
I do know that the gears I have decide to use make my ride a little easier. I didn't know, because I never thought about it, that it made that big a deal.
Beyond that...I passed the little old lady and her dog today. She had him on the leash, but I could tell he wanted to come and say hi to me. Thanks again to the two of you who responded to my "hidden message." It's getting a little cooler here each day and the weather man says that it is going to rain next week. I like riding in the rain. My co-workers think I'm nuts...don't tell them, but they're right.
I was asked today, by a new guy, "Do you ride year round?"
I said, " Yes, I do."
He just shook his head and walked away. I'm sure this 22 year old guy was thinking, "Crazy old man." (I'm almost 50.)
I'm sure, as he gets to know me, this assumption of his will be confirmed.
Weddings and chior practices have put my riding on hold for the week-end, but come Monday morning I will be back out there on the road.
Have a great week-end everyone!