View Single Post
Old 01-01-20, 05:06 PM
Leisesturm

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2494 Post(s)
Liked 738 Times in 522 Posts
In 2004 I bought a 1994 Honda Civic Wagon for $800 and drove it fully loaded from Salem, OR to NYC in 5 days stopping each night! That meant freeway speeds during the day all day. Is there an e-bike made that can pull that off? For $800?! 3 months later I drove the Honda back to Salem, loaded it again with remaining possessions and drove back to NYC. Some people don't put that kind of mileage on a car in a full year of driving. This car already had over 250K miles when bought. Some months later it was impounded by NYC Parking Violations Bureau and I was unable to pay the close to $500 in storage, Sherrif and other fees so I let them keep it. The tandem that is our car cost $1000 new in 2016. The tandem that is our sportscar cost $1000 new in 2005. But the tandem that we bought when we first met only cost $200 new. Basically that is your $99 dept. store BSO single bike. Cheap bikes are available just like cheap cars. Capitalism at its finest. Cheap electric bikes are also available. One could ask why someone should pay $1M for a Bugatti Veyron. I don't understand the o.p., I don't understand why they want high end bicycles at department store bicycle prices.
Likes For Leisesturm: