Old 01-02-20, 12:26 PM
TinyBear

Bikes: Giant Boulder SE, Giant Seek1

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked 17 Times in 8 Posts
Originally Posted by fishtaco
ou say you are not interested in a throttle but its very handy half way up hills and if you do get a fat bike they can be a bit hard to peddle off from start before the PAS kicks in especially if you need to stop suddenly to cross traffic on a bike ramp, its like trying to peddle off in top gear and that's also where the throttle comes in handy, I had to put my tyre pressure up to 25lbs as any softer took a huge effort to get going without the throttle but the increased pressure makes the ride a lot harder.
I have a fat bike and they look great but to be honest if I had my time again I would have got an e bike with regular MTB tyres because I don't do snow or beach and that's what the fat tyres are for and at low tyre pressure.
My bike is pretty similar to the Voltbike Yukon but the older model with only 250w motor but it does have Panasonic cells and 48v 14.5amh. My top speed so far has only been 38kph (23.5mph) but I can easily get 60kms (38 miles) on one charge.
Those are the reasons exactly I not too crazy about the fat bike. That being said we do see a bit of snow here and may extend times I can use the bike having a fat bike. I could always opt for there Bravo model which is similar to the Yukon but $100 cheaper and 27.5” tires.