stardognine
Partially Sane.

Bikes: Soma Saga, pre-disc

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 972 Post(s)
Liked 643 Times in 468 Posts
Originally Posted by Pompiere
As the eagle population continues to recover, their territories have edged closer to populated areas. They don't seem to be bothered by the human activity going on around them. I remember when warning signs were posted in a 1/2 mile radius around an active nest to warn people to stay away so as not to disturb the breeding pair. I live near Lake Erie and there are 90 nests in my county. Some are quite visible from the road. 4 or 5 are within a 2 mile radius of my house.
Yep, there are plenty of eagles around there. 👍 I rode out around Presque Isle State Park a few times, to see them. My late mother’s house is in Erie, PA, right across the street from the Erie Insurance campus. They just keep growing & growing. 🤔🙄

I just got to the Collier Tunnel, somewheres near the Oregon State line. I was surprised to see phone service here. A few miles back, was Panther Flat, which I camped near last night. 🙄

And last but not least, check out this old REI down parka I scored, back in Crescent City as I was leaving, for $14!!! 😎😁😎 The tag says AUG 78, which is right around when I was starting my senior year of high school. 😁