Old 04-15-07, 06:35 AM
some_guy282
Peaknik

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Do 'Em Dirty
well, sorry for me not understanding that (i have to keep my eyes away from the news at all times due to me having severe panic attacks when i know too much about what is going on) but it still applies to the ease of acquisition, does it not?
Peak Oil does apply to the ease of acquisition, or lack thereof. World discovery of oil fields peaked in 1964. We've discovered less and less oil every year since then. Since the mid 1980's we've been using more oil than we find every year. Right now we only find one barrel of oil for every four we use. Obviously, this can't go on forever. Sooner or later something has to give.

So as far as acquisition is concerned, since we're not finding any big oil fields that are easy to get to we're turning to the harder to get to smaller fields - the low hanging fruit. This is why they are talking so much about getting oil in places like deep water and remote regions like ANWAR and Siberia in Russia. Don't you think they'd be getting it from someplace else where it was easier if they could? Obviously they would. This is one of the indications we are getting very close to Peak. You don't go drilling for oil under thousands of feet of water if you can get it elsewhere.