View Single Post
Old 09-20-17, 03:09 PM
gaucho777 

Bikes: '72 Cilo Pacer, '72 Gitane Gran Tourisme, '72 Peugeot PX10, '73 Speedwell Ti, '74 Peugeot UE-8, '75 Peugeot PR-10L, '80 Colnago Super, '85 De Rosa Pro, '86 Look Equipe 753, '86 Look KG86, '89 Parkpre Team, '90 Parkpre Team MTB, '90 Merlin

Mentioned: 87 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 834 Post(s)
Liked 2,125 Times in 554 Posts
I'm trying to make the most of my school break before Fall classes start tomorrow, so I got out for a nice, hilly ~45 miles in the east bay area (Berkeley-Orinda-Moraga-Oakland). Mostly cloudy with temperatures around 70 degrees, which made for some nice, not-too-hot riding.

Heading over the east bay hills leaving Berkeley on Wildcat Canyon over looking some reservoirs.

I explored some new-to-me areas around Moraga. I usually avoid MUPs, but this was was too pretty to pass up and didn't have much foot traffic.

A brief photo op stop at St. Mary's College.

Then I took a slight excursion up Bollinger Canyon. It's a short little canyon that dead ends into a private road, but that also means hardly any car traffic. I also came across this cool old wagon.

Then I headed toward Pinehurst Rd., a route popular with local cyclist for its redwood trees, idyllic scenery, and climb back toward Oakland/Berkeley. But first, I had to do a little cyclocross since the bridge leading to Pinehurst Rd is out of commission and this dirt trail bypasses the bridge.

Pinehurst Rd.