Old 01-30-19, 07:27 PM
leeinmemphis

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Time for a major change.....

Hey everyone,

Well I have recently decided that it's time to get myself under control. At New Years I was near 300lbs and am just tired of being so big and out of shape. In recent years I've ridden recumbent bikes but decided it's time to get back on a regular diamond frame bike and for me to get serious about riding. This week I started Keto and weighed 279 lbs.so I will periodically update this post when things are worth updating. I work good when I have a goal so I have signed up to do RAGBRAI this year. Thankfully the route is a southern route with lots of rolling hills so hopefully the route won't be too difficult for me. Ideally I want to lose 40-50lbs between now and the end of July and need to log some serious miles.

Last week I purchased a Giant Revolt Gravel bike that I plan to use as a road bike for now. I liked the relaxed riding position opposed to a traditional road bike. (I know some people will question my choice but I really like the bike). I've had 3 back surgeries so the set up on a bike is pretty important to my comfort level on the bike. My LBS did a full fitting of me on the bike and I think I'm in a good place to start with. I started riding it last week and the weather will allow for some more riding this weekend. I'm going to have to be flexible on when/where I can ride until March and the weather breaks.

So in a nutshell I'm a bit of a mess but am now on track to get a handle on everything again and I honestly can't wait until this summer when RAGBRAI comes around. I have lots of riding to do between now and then.