Moe Zhoost
Half way there

Bikes: Many, and the list changes frequently

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 986 Post(s)
Liked 880 Times in 527 Posts
Originally Posted by Moe Zhoost
I find it curious that some folks don't want to spend the time putting a patch on, when it's likely that they spend more time acquiring a new tube. I usually buy a bunch at a time, but it is difficult to source the right size tube, at a reasonable cost, with the right length stem (I prefer shorter stems).
Originally Posted by prj71
Some peoples time are worth more to them than money. Putting on patch takes more time than just changing a tube.

Order online. Ebay, Amazon or one of the online bike parts retailers. Piece of cake finding the right size tube and stem length. Never have to leave the comfort of your chair and it shows up at the house in a nice little box. Less time than running to the bike shop to buy one which more than likely doesn't have it in stock.
To the first: The 10 minutes it takes to patch a tube is easily used up in time wasted responding to this thread. I'm loath to admit how much time I spend on BF. If you spend the time saved on something worthwhile (like picking up trash on a local MUP) I'll give you a pass. Oh, by the way, I am part of a group that picks up trash on our community trails and it's not uncommon to find discarded tubes and CO2 inflators.

To the second: Yes, if you're willing to buy any brand, weight, and any stem length perhaps e-shopping is quick. Try shopping for a quality brand with a 35mm presta stem.

Think globally. Discarding something that can be easily fixed is a practice becoming less and less sustainable.

Last edited by Moe Zhoost; 08-01-19 at 05:46 PM.
Likes For Moe Zhoost: