Old 08-06-19, 05:44 PM
thehammerdog

Bikes: Road bike is a Carbon Bianchi C2C & Grandis (1980's), Gary Fisher Mt Bike, Trek Tandem & Mongoose SS MTB circa 1992.

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 722 Post(s)
Liked 353 Times in 226 Posts
Originally Posted by _ForceD_
hammnerdog...
I'm not slamming you, but using your experience as yet another example. Congratulations on finishing! So often I tell people who tell me that they're signing up for XX triathlon...and they figure they can survive the "short" swim and muscle their way through it..."you MUST get experience in the open water!" Just yesterday an acquaintance told me a similar story about a friend of their's, an accomplished team/pool swimmer, who had a terrible time getting through the "short" open water swim at a recent sprint tri. Whether it's lack of proper swimming technique, fear and apprehension about swimming in open water, or swimming in such close proximity (full-contact) of other swimmers...the swim is by far the most commonly misconceived discipline among first-time triathletes. Even for experienced pool swimmers.

Dan
Dan,
I get the message and agree how ever Not a Newby to the sport did 1st Tri in 1986.....competed in the St Anthonys Tri Iron qualifier A 1 MILE OPEN WATER (ocean) swim in 90's for me I just forgotten how dam difficult it is to swim well.