Old 08-12-19, 06:45 PM
Daniel4

Bikes: Sekine 1979 ten speed racer

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1480 Post(s)
Liked 639 Times in 437 Posts
Originally Posted by TiHabanero
In Michigan the passing law that went into effect earlier this year is 3 feet. When passing a person on a bicycle, give them no less than 3 feet clearance. When it passed I scoffed at it and remarked to my wife, "So what? Have these nitwits in government nothing more productive to do? Do they think this will change anything?"

On a 60 mile ride Sunday, only a handful of vehicles provided me the courtesy of 3 feet. Most just buzzed me without concern. Several squeezed me by passing at the same time an oncoming vehicle was going by, which naturally prompts them a little closer to the right shoulder of the road, right where the bicycle and I are traveling.

The more I have to deal with people, the more I dislike them. Rude and irresponsible, and they really don't give a crap.
Originally Posted by Troul
Unless it's enforced by the local law enforcement, it'll always be like that.
Yes, that applies to everything including

stopping at stop signs instead of just slowing down and rolling through;

stopping at red lights to turn right instead of just slowing down and rolling through;

stopping for pedestrians to completely get off the cross walk instead of racing them through the intersection;

driving no faster than the maximum speed posted.

It goes on and on.

You can do the enforcement yourself. As many have posted in other threads either take the lane or carry a 3 ft pool noodle.