Old 09-11-19, 11:25 AM
CarloM

Bikes: 2019 TCR Advanced SL1 Disc; 2018 Cervelo S3 SRAM eTap HRD; 2020 Giant Revolt Advanced

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 212 Post(s)
Liked 128 Times in 100 Posts
I get what you're saying about traffic and accidents. Ultimately it's up to luck, fate, etc. But I just try to do as much as I can to put the safety odds in my favor, and then at that point it's up to a higher power whether I make it home safe.

I agree that had I bought a Madone, chances are much greater that I would not have had a problem. Trek is the #1 USA seller, so more people riding = more complaints. Hardly any Pinarello complaints because most can't (or won't) afford them.

I agree the frame of the Madone is very sleek. But that silver/grey is very (to me) unattractive, especially when I saw it in person. If they had it in a color I liked, I would have been tempted buy and move my SuperSix Di2 over to it. But this was a one-off clearance price at the LBS, so grey's what they had. Trek's normal "sale" price for 2019 SLR is more than what I paid. Even for a nicer color I wouldn't have given up all that I got with the S3 just to also shell out an extra grand.