Old 09-20-19, 02:17 AM
diphthong
velo-dilettante

Bikes: 85 pinarello treviso steel, 88 nishiki olympic steel. 95 look kg 131 carbon, 11 trek madone 5.2 carbon

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1628 Post(s)
Liked 3,114 Times in 1,683 Posts
Originally Posted by slcbob
^ yes, that may have happened, though it feels like it was pre-Cambrian. I am glad you took over and are blazing the way ahead.

I was channeling the Wrath of Khan above. By the way, fresh off the Star Trek Experience near Fort Ticonderoga. Really. Google it. It's there. I got the Monty Python out of my system for a year or two (OK, maybe a week or two) while walking Hadrian's Wall -- alternately muttering "The Britons! Who are they?" and "What have the Romans ever done for us?" It's not clear why I'm not single. Though my lovely wife works with Special Ed kids and has the patience of Sisyphus so maybe it is a little clear.

The spring classics league is work. But you know how it goes, per Eddie -- the hardest races are the easiest ones to win, because there is plenty of opportunity for the lesser riders to be ground away and the best rider to move to the top. That's why I'm so lousy in the VeloLeague GTs. They're just too easy. Yeah, that's my story!!

OK then. See you all in the spring classics!
plenty of scorched earth and nada lotta pillaging/sacking/booty/spoils.