Old 09-15-08, 07:02 AM
Rocky1405
Hey, I AM peddling!

Bikes: Dahon Espresso 26" and Raleigh Passage 4.0

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Hi Guys & Gals: Last week I rode along the shores of Lake Superior a few miles South of Grand Marias, MN, and then rode into town there and went along the Gunflint Trail until the road shoulder disappeared and the hill got too steep. The hills in that area will have you working hard to keep your tongue out of the spokes of your front wheel! Also, the hill leading south out of town there will have you walking to catch your breath, but the views are well worth the effort. During this trip, the front wheel on my 2 year old Raleigh Passage 4.0 started to make a little bit of noise so when I got home I took it to the bike shop where it was discovered there was hardly any grease in the hub. I had both wheel hubs serviced for 30 bucks and was surprised at how much easier it rolls down the road now. The bike only has about 3000 miles on it so if yours peddles hard and if it makes any noises, get it to the shop! At age 66, I'm so happy to be healthy enough to ride a bike regularly that sometimes I cannot believe my good fortune, but then, maybe because I've been riding all my life has something to do with my good health. I say, when in doubt, get off the couch and keep moving! Ride safe and keep the rubber side down!!!
Rocky1405