View Single Post
Old 11-11-09, 11:15 AM
Lamp-Shade
Bulimic Arsonist.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
"Babies grow fast, babies need more protein then adults, breast milk contains 6% protein, therefore adults need less then that."

The sun moves around the sky during the day, as does the moon at night. The earth is obviously not moving, therefore the sun and moon revolve around the earth.
Simple logic is not right logic, especially with concerns to the complexities and contradictions in a human body.
My grandfather has been fruitarian for most of his life, I think since he was 25. Mormon, as well, so before that no alcohol, caffeine, recreational drug of ANY sort, occasional fasts, etc. It is heart breaking to see him today. It makes me angry, even.
Nerve damage has left him with a persistent twitch in both of his arms (not hands, the whole arm), he started showing symptoms of alzheimers when he was about 54. I dont think I've ever seen him when he wasnt pale, been around him when he didn't smell absolutely awful (not body odour awful, like muscle breakdown/ammonia awful....not all the time but this does happen to him alot.) I don't think he even sleeps at night with the amount of wind that exits his body, something that I don't even understand because you would think he would have gotten used to it by now, if anything.
He does not take supplements. He has been sick and unable to participate in any activity since I have known him. The only thing he seems to like is
A. sitting down and twitching
B. Praising the health benefits of a strict fruitarian diet like it hasn't caused him years of needless suffering.

"What works for me will work for everyone, were all the same species. Its like saying well some tigers will only thrive on elks while other tigers only thrive on zebras. You see how stupid that sounds???"

Or like saying that Inuit populations haven't adapted to thrive off of protein and fat, and alot of problems wont arise when they start eating like, say, ancient egyptians did. Or saying that, because I am of European decent, a person of asian decent will have the same chances of tolerating milk throughout adulthood. We are extremely complex creatures with an astounding amount of diversity within our species. To say "I eat only fruit, thus every human being should be fruitarian." (or anything similiar).... Well, its really hard to take that seriously as an argument, in any context.

What I think:
The ability to eat whatever the hell we want, I believe, is one of the reasons we were fit to survive in the wild. Sustenance was not as serious a matter for early man as it could have been for other species. Sometimes our diet was high protein, sometimes it was high carb, sometimes it was high fat, sometimes it was a mix of everything, sometimes we went without, and sometimes we had plenty. There are alot of healthy foods on this planet, and I believe we ate them all whenever we could. Evolution said "lets do away with dietary specialization, its a limiting factor in our ability to spread."