View Single Post
Old 02-06-17, 08:38 AM
joejack951

Bikes: 2016 Hong Fu FM-079-F, 1984 Trek 660, 2005 Iron Horse Warrior Expert, 2009 Pedal Force CX1, 2016 Islabikes Beinn 20 (son's)

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1242 Post(s)
Liked 94 Times in 65 Posts
Originally Posted by PeakBoy
The Yokozuna housings are quite stiff. I worked with my LBS on this as they had some quality cable cutters. I have additional bar top levers as well as Shimano (sorry!) older 10 speed shifters. Housing sits nicely in the bar groove. The bar top levers have meant that the rear brake housing could only be routed on the opposite side of the headset. No other issues and will probably shorten the housing by 20-30 mm now everything is proved. I can look at sharing some photos if you like.
Some photos would be nice if you have the time. Sounds like the Yokozuna housing flexible enough though. I am using Ritchey WCS Streem bars with partial internal routing but that appears to actually work in my favor as the bends required of the housing appear more gentle that on most standard bars I've seen. Time will tell. I'm ordering the kit today.

Well done on figuring out the set up procedure! I've done it twice now (pre and post drilled arms). A few minutes per brake with practise ( you'll have come across people on the web spending hours and not getting it to work without the arm adjustment).
Given the great lengths to which TRP went to add that holding screw for the arm I figured it had to have some significance. I am tempted to remove it to save some weight, though

I'll be in touch directly regarding trying your spare modified arms.
Sounds good. Two sets left.