View Single Post
Old 09-24-19, 07:11 PM
bhugh

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by adrian6565
@bhugh - Thanks for trying out my file, on my end it stops "sending" in the app but GPS doesn't respond whatsoever. @your app, I'll give it a try as well.
That's crazy.

BTW my program is for trimming .tcx files--which have turn-by-turn directions. There are quite a number of programs out there to trim or split .gpx files.

Just for example, see the discussion here: forum.openstreetmap.org/viewtopic.php?id=9268

If you're making the route in RideWithGPS, there is an even easier option.

If your route number is, say, 30366867, then this URL will prune the gpx file down to 500 points (this is one of the options when downloading from RWGPS--trim to 500 points):

ridewithgps.com/routes/30366867.gpx?cues_as_wpt=true&poi_as_wpt=true&reduce_to=500&sub_format=track

If you just make a little tweak, you can trim to 1000, 2000, 4000, or any othe desired number. Here it is trimmed to 2000 points:

ridewithgps.com/routes/30366867.gpx?cues_as_wpt=true&poi_as_wpt=true&reduce_to=2000&sub_format=track

Reason is, a 500-point route as long as your is, is probably going to be pretty jaggedy. But 2000 points will likely be pretty good, but also load in the Lezyne.

In the end, all this trouble to make a navigation feature reliably working on this device seems to be a bit too much...
It is irritating it's not just plug-n-play at this point.

One reason I keep going after it, is it worked for several years for me pretty much flawlessly.