Old 05-25-07, 07:32 PM
froze
Banned.

Bikes: 84 Trek 660 Suntour Superbe; 87 Giant Rincon Shimano XT; 07 Mercian Vincitore Campy Veloce

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
No one answered this? weird. Anywho, is the Park worth $270? That's a tough question, it depends on how much of a tight wad you are! Or if your going to be working on a lot of bikes.

I use to race bikes back in the mid 70's to mid 80's and still ride today. And during all those years I NEVER had a stand. I found ways to work on my bikes that made buying a stand a waste of money for me; plus I'm always trying not to spend money, so that motivated me.

I just flip the bikes upside down if I need to work the components, or adjust while riding. Fortunately I have a relative trouble free bike so I don't have to keep dinkin with it to keep it running smoothly.

If I had more then 8 or more bikes to dink with then I probably would buy one, but I only have 2 with a 3rd one coming this later this summer thus I don't see a need for one.

I also have never purchased a wheel truing tool either! Yet I true my wheels just fine if not better then people I knew that had the proper tool! I just flip the bike upside down, and close the brakes just enough to use them as guide. It probably takes longer this way then with the proper tool, but I don't have to true my wheels after every ride, in fact I rarely have to adjust them, so this method is just fine.