Old 02-13-18, 08:43 AM
wphamilton

Bikes: Nashbar Road

Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2934 Post(s)
Liked 341 Times in 228 Posts
Congratulations!

I agree 7 miles is a good distance, short enough that it's not a problem on those days that you're not feeling it, long enough to feel like a ride when you are.

I take the stairs also, but only the 4th floor. 12 floors - at least the elevator should get less crowded the higher you go before getting on.

Originally Posted by noglider
I start a new job on Monday, only seven miles from my house. In my mind, that's an ideal distance for a bike commute. And it is also along the Hudson River path, which I love. I didn't even want a job closer to home, so I didn't apply to the places I could walk to.
Originally Posted by noglider
Today is my first day at my job. I rode along the Hudson River, which I did on my last job, but I get off the path much sooner. I didn't find the right turnoff, and I had to carry my bike up some stairs.

The headwind was extremely strong. My average speed was only 10.5 mph.

I locked my bike in front of the building on the street. Now I see bike racks on campus which seem a little safer, so I'll use them from now on.

I'm on the 12th floor. The elevator is so busy that it is slow. I might be walking a lot.