Newbie racer

Bikes: Propel, red is faster

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1575 Post(s)
Liked 1,569 Times in 974 Posts
Originally Posted by gsteinb
Crank the Kanc hill climb TT

a 21.5 mile ITT with the first 16 being 3% avg and the rest averaging 5.5. There was an 18 mph headwind (followed by a 40mph lead out and a max sprint of 52). I hit my expected finish time with 1.5 miles to go. Ouch. Still I rode IAB to the climb, didn’t carry a bottle, and was totally within target power. 40 second off fifth overall, meaning I didn’t get paid. Finished third on the 45+ behind a masters national TT champ, and a guy who podiumed overall at MT Washington. I was the first finisher not on a TT bike.

Third race ace of the season. Two firsts and a third. Northeast hill climb series leader. They are modest achievements for sure, but I’m pleased and at ease.
Jealous of those opportunities! And, continued good work on your part with your results!

We've no climbs here, it's a 4 hour drive. I've tried to organize some local hill-sprint group rides and all I get is laughter. I say hill sprint as the longest hills for anyone remotely skinny and strong is like 90 seconds to 3 minutes long.