View Single Post
Old 08-07-19, 10:13 AM
surak

Bikes: Specialized Roubaix, Canyon Inflite AL SLX, Ibis Ripley AF, Priority Continuum Onyx, Santana Vision, Kent Dual-Drive Tandem

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 871 Post(s)
Liked 726 Times in 436 Posts
Originally Posted by RidingRev
If I could make one change to the Power, it would be to make it just slightly softer. The Comp and Power are softer than the Pro and S-Works, but I wish there would be just a notch more padding. I have tried the Elaston, which only comes on the Pro, which is a harder saddle. My feeling — literally — is that the Elaston on the Pro makes it feel like an Expert. And, frankly, I can’t tell the difference between the Elaston section on the saddle and the rest of the saddle. If there’s any real difference, it’s certainly not worth the $ 100 premium you pay for the “thousand tiny pillows.” This would not be the first time Specialized hyped a magic ride smoothing technology of questionable value (Zertz inserts, anyone?).
Try the Power with Mimic. I moved on from the standard Power, now have an Elaston saddle and one with Mimic. Agree that the Elaston isn't much of a difference. I wanted a second Power-type and bought a lightly used Elaston from a guy in my group rides. The Mimic, though marketed for women, works great for me and is noticeably softer because it uses different materials.
Likes For surak: