Velo Vol 
VFL For Life

Bikes: Velo Volmobile

Mentioned: 780 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28607 Post(s)
Liked 1,856 Times in 1,318 Posts
Originally Posted by datlas
The answer(s) are that it's complicated.

Many physicians DO own, or have a stake in, their infusion centers, and DO profit from expensive meds like Remicade and chemo for cancer patients, etc....the drugs are supposed to be priced to cover the cost plus administration fees etc, but I am confident there is profit in there too. In some healthcare systems, the physicians do NOT have a stake in the profit from drugs given, and it goes to the "system."

Just as one would hope a surgeon would only recommend a surgery because it's the BEST option for you, I would hope an ordering physician would order a medicine or treatment independent of profit. I don't know if that's always true, so one must choose one's surgeons and physicians carefully.!
Yeah, I don't know. The office is under an large, multi-discipline group of physicians, it's not Witchdoctor, M.D. clinic.

https://www.summitmedical.com/about

So it's entirely possible the doctor doesn't see a cent from infusion services.

It would just feel a lot more kosher if they'd give you an Rx with the option to use their place, rather then just herd you to their scheduler (no questions asked) to get your drug.