View Single Post
Old 01-24-20, 01:06 PM
abshipp 

Bikes: 1975 Motobecane Grand Jubile, 2020 Holdsworth Competition, 2022 Giant Trance 29 3

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3357 Post(s)
Liked 3,636 Times in 1,242 Posts
Originally Posted by bampilot06
that’s a pretty sweet frame. Before I started cycling I thought that I wanted to get into mountain biking. We don’t have many trails where I live, and none are close to my house so realistically I would never get to go.
Further down the road and I am talking a few years I would like to branch out and get a gravel bike, when that time comes I may decide to go the mountain bike route just for the more versatility, I do love the crockett though.
I'm very fortunate that I have a state park with about 20 miles of singletrack 15 minutes from my house, and a newly constructed trail system in a city park 5 minutes from my job. Otherwise northern Illinois does not have a lot to offer MTB-wise. If I lived anywhere else I would have never gotten into mountain biking.

Gravel is neat. I don't have a lot of it I can access on my routes from my house, but there is a lot of it starting about 30 miles West to the Mississippi. If I can manage to get my old MTB frame fixed I think it might turn itself into a gravel bike with some massive tire clearance.