Old 03-25-10, 07:25 AM
Quickbeam
Beer is delicious!

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by futuregrace
Thanks for all the ideas. The Surly looks nice. All good ideas. I'll check them out more later tonight.

I did wonder about the every other bike I've ridden is a poor man's Rivendell. Is that to say they really are worth the money? Any of you own one and wish you didn't spend the extra cash on it?
I own two Rivendells; an Atlantis and a Quickbeam; and I have absolutely no regrets that I spent the money on them. They're great looking, great riding, super versatile bikes that will essentially last forever. They're pricey but in my opinion they're worth the money. Not only that; if anyone can tell me where I can get a 68cm lugged-steel all 'rounder with clearance for 47mm tires and fenders; or a 68cm lugged-steel, single-speed, sport-touring bike with clearance for 40's and fenders, I'm all ears. My only other option probably would have been custom frames, and I don't think there's any way I could've done a lugged steel custom for the price of the Rivs. Although Rivendell's prices have gone up significantly since I bought mine.