Old 09-28-13, 05:17 PM
Dudelsack 

Bikes: Lectric Xpedition.

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 146 Post(s)
Liked 96 Times in 46 Posts
Originally Posted by rydabent
Here on the 50+ threads most of the posts are pretty civil. Maybe it is because that us mature and older riders are not always trying to prove something. We ride what what we want to ride, not the latest $5000 unobtainium bike of the hour, unless that is what we want to ride. We ride where, and at what speed feels right to us. And that includes what pedal cadence feels right.

I guess what Im trying to say is that most of us are not trying to prove anything, and there are some things about getting older is really a good thing.

PS If you try to suck in your gut when some pretty young thing walks by you are not quite there yet!!!!
This is what I like about the 50+ forum: many people here have had or are having heart disease, renal failure, back surgery, abdominal surgery, cancer, family tragedy, alcoholism, morbid obesity, diabetes, forced retirement, no retirement ever (work til ya drop), or any number of physical, emotional or spiritual hardships, and every one of us gets off their respective gluteals, hops on their bikes, and rides.

And the ones of you who live charmed lives take great pictures.

Know it or not, many of you serve as a source of inspiration to me.

Chapeau!

I feel all weepy now. I just want to be held.....