Old 12-10-18, 05:12 PM
rubiksoval

Bikes: bikes

Mentioned: 52 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2622 Post(s)
Liked 1,429 Times in 711 Posts
Originally Posted by Caliper
When it reached that peak was right near the end of the warm weather here and I'd done two metrics over the course of two weeks, along with a few other shorter rides. The thing is, a few weeks ago, my score in early Nov after completing those rides read 80 or so. Now, when I look at my chart for the same day, it reads 40. It's not that my fitness score has dropped with time (it's actually trending slowly higher with trainer workouts) the weirdness is that my entire chart is now reading differently for the past 6 months. Same general shape, just much lower numbers.

I guess the main change is really switching from on bike to a trainer, which means I have a power meter now where I didn't before. Would that trigger Strava to recalculate the entire curve from the last 6 months?
I'd expect 9-10 hours for a CTL of ~80 with a decent amount of intensity in there. Two 62 mile rides wouldn't cut it in my experience.

A few months with 10 hour weeks with 5-6 harder rides each week ( so nearly every ride) usually puts me around 90 or so.

So anyway, sounds like now it's more accurate than it previously was, though why is a good question.