psalm
A square going nowhere

Bikes: CAAD 8 & CAAD 10

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Pub
1st, I’m paranoid that people are watching me because to see a Clyde on a bike is not the norm here, at least I have never seen it.
I used to worry people were watching me, I would think don't look at me. Now as I ride I want to shout, LOOK AT ME!!!

Originally Posted by Pub
2nd, I’m not a fast rider, in fact I am anything but. I just like to take my time while others go at the speed of sound. And that makes me more paranoid because I keep thinking people are laughing at me going slower than them because I’m a Clyde.
I am the fastest rider on my bike. Whether it's going 3MPH up hill, or 41MPH downhill. I'm going the fastest I possible can, at the time.

Originally Posted by Pub
3rd, I’m going through the learning process of getting the gears right for what I want to do. So when I come to an incline, I am sometimes not in the right gear and by the time I have figured it out its too late and I can’t pedal so have to get off. Another reason for being paranoid and looking a fool.
I got off in the middle of a hill, actually I fell off. I laid on my back, I laughed, I looked around, no one saw me. I walked up the rest of the hill.

Originally Posted by Pub
4th, I’m not confident that a bike will hold up to my weight (310) and the last thing I want is to have to get off because of a broken something or other and have to push it home. More paranoia – Clyde pushing a bike because he broke it!!
Started at 315 on a mountain bike, got a CAAD8 at 295. Didn't break either one. I have carried my road bike about a mile home. I didn't feel like changing a flat so close to home so I walked it.

Originally Posted by Pub
Am I being totally stupid here?
No, not right now, but give it some time. After a while you will think you were stupid for thinking all of it. At least I did.