View Single Post
Old 04-24-19, 10:09 PM
JoeyBike
20+mph Commuter

Bikes: Surly LHT, Surly Lowside, a folding bike, and a beater.

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1434 Post(s)
Liked 331 Times in 219 Posts
Originally Posted by LorenMiranda
Congrats
Thanks Loren!

Originally Posted by Mauriceloridans
Good for you Joey. I know they don't consider Shreveport part of LA down in NOLA but I lived down there in the late 70s and early 80s. I swore off car dependency the weekend Katrina struck. I've followed you on Bike Forums for the last decade and am really glad you had this success. One of these days I plan to ride down to NOLA on La 1 till I get to the Ferry at Sunshine/Plaquemine.

Meaux

Still a lot of sugar cane farming along Highway 1 with harvest in the Fall. So unless you enjoy cycling on narrow roads covered in "broomstick handles", wait until that phase is well past. Of course, Summer is out of the question! Shoot me a PM if you ever do it!

Originally Posted by Rowan
Congratulations. Hopefully the other steps are easy to take as well. And there is nothing more grand than being able to build an extra part of employment life so close to home.
Drug test is no problem. Background check will certainly put someone to sleep. One speeding ticket when I was 15. Besides that...unless my identity has been stolen I am golden!

Cheers all! And thanks! Looking forward to a 5-minute bike ride or 20-minute walk in the park. 10 minutes on a skateboard!

I'll post some progress for a few weeks. Hope to start May 7th.

Last edited by JoeyBike; 04-24-19 at 10:15 PM.