Old 05-22-19, 10:01 PM
XPat9

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I wouldn't take that bet. Just bought my first recumbent from Performer. Christine and Vanessa were notorious for ignoring my email inquiries. I live in China. A Performer bike was the path of least resistance to purchase here.
I still find it unbelievable I had to literally beg them to sell me a trike. I should have heeded the omen!
Once I got one, there was a welding imperfection inside the frame that wouldn't allow the boom to be inserted. There's a problem with the (indirect steering) tie rods that'd take too much time to explain, and just when I was about to take it on the road, I faced a defective front derailleur.
Now I'm stuck between a Chinese dealer that doesn't know anything and a company - Performer Cycle - that refuses to answer any email or texts. I am told to deal only with the Chinese dealer. We offered to buy and they refused to sell us a new front derailleur. It can be very difficult to buy genuine parts in China...
If I ever get it on the road, I'll come back. Maybe I'll eat my words, but some of the worst customer service I have ever experienced in my life - Performer Cycles - stands on its own.