Old 05-31-19, 10:50 AM
Mobile 155

Bikes: 2013 Haro FL Comp 29er MTB.

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1470 Post(s)
Liked 45 Times in 35 Posts
Originally Posted by FiftySix
The 10 year old car example was for the debt discussion. As long as new cars are being bought and sold, people will have access to used cars.

It will be hard to make everyone get rid of the current way of car transport here in the USA until the cost of ownership is much more prohibitive for the average person.

I'm not sure what year that will be, but I'm pretty sure I'll be dead.
No matter how hard it might be to plan on on how one budgets their money it doesn’t address why mass transit is so dismissed by the general public in the us. Cities finance buses by spending millions on buses they have to tax people to get. Then they have to pay drivers, mechanics, dispatchers, managers, secretaries, custodians and even build large bus yards and office buildings for all the people to work at. With all that people still prefer cars that drive on the very same infrastructure cars do.

But the subject really isn’t cars or living like all you can make is minimum wage. Is some cases like with one poster here living a low wage life is a choice. That doesn’t make it better than having a job that makes budgeting easier. None of that solves why people have turned their back on mass transit. Ask the people that don’t use the bus and see if some don’t have the same or similar complaints as I listed.

Yes we tend to over spend. However it is the choice of the individual that matter on how they spend their money.

Last edited by Mobile 155; 05-31-19 at 10:57 AM.