Old 06-05-19, 11:54 AM
Skipjacks

Bikes: 2017 Specialized Crosstrail / 2013 Trek Crossrip Elite

Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1002 Post(s)
Liked 237 Times in 155 Posts
Originally Posted by acidfast7
It is precisely what you asked produced by the manufacturer, which tends to be very precise on the whole. Their usage of loanwords in their non-native language could use improvement, I confess.

I am sorry if you do not appreciate a well-answered response and would rather prefer anecdotal experience.

If you wish to continue to troll me, you may, but I will continue to provide reliable information for the remainder of BF members and guests.
It wasn't well answered. It was answering a question nobody asked.

That chart shows how wide of a tire you can fit on a rim of any given width. That is not what I asked. It's not even close to what I asked.

And spreading outright lies like "bike tire measurements are precise" is not helpful to anyone. It's REALLY unhelpful to someone finding this thread who doesn't know that labeled tire sizes are notoriously inaccurate.

Why the snot did I take you off ignore? What the hell was I thinking? Go ruin someone else's question thread for your sick laughs instead.

For anyone else finding this thread in the future....here is real information on tire sizes, measurements, and safe rim width/tire width information as well as a detailed explanation of various tire measurement systems

https://www.sheldonbrown.com/tire-sizing.html

Last edited by Skipjacks; 06-05-19 at 12:05 PM.
Likes For Skipjacks: