Old 06-24-19, 02:25 PM
Doge

Bikes: 1979 Raleigh Team 753

Mentioned: 153 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3374 Post(s)
Liked 371 Times in 253 Posts
Originally Posted by ProudDaddy
Residence for state championships here in CO is not based on your team but rather your personal permanent residency with USAC. As Doge noted, all the big hitters were at Tulsa Tough that wknd, but still an impressive win for Daniel. It happens frequently here that a 2nd or 3rd place finish in a P12 state championship race yields the state jersey. It's a bit odd but a product of out of staters that train here, or in Willett's case, go to school here.
Turns out it is just flipping the address before the race. He did the ITT as a CO racer. IMO you only live in one state at a time and just to be cool you choose what state that is before you do the state championship/s.

There are no regrets at all, but I thought it was interesting. Both Daniel and I have a good idea of relative ability and potential. He made his choices.
U23 was not so good a result, but I personally think that is great time. I have a hard time relating to anyone that has not failed and see much more good coming from retrospect and what was learned than just dominating.

Trivia / FWIW stupid nothing to do with cycling except - USAC decided to go at length about tobacco use. They decided that to be a USAC cyclist your use of tobacco was based on your state (21 almost everywhere). The military kids (30 or so race) have it based on federal law (age 18). So USAC made up their own rules about lifestyle that determine eligibility to race having nothing to do with legal systems. For USAC legal (by location) tobacco use is reason for banning, illegal (by location) pot smoking isn't.

As far as that has nothing to do with racing - someone needs to tell USAC.
Likes For Doge: