Juan Foote
LBKA (formerly punkncat)

Bikes: Spec Roubaix SL4, GT Traffic 1.0

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2208 Post(s)
Liked 960 Times in 686 Posts
Originally Posted by Carbonfiberboy
I'm another Hammer Gel user. Their 6 oz. squeeze bottle is just the thing. Refill it out of the pint bottle. The only garbage is the pint container, which it takes a while to go through. It's easier to drink from the squeeze bottle than mess with some plastic packaging while trying to ride a bike. I think their gel is decent in the mouth. Normally I use a bottle of homebrew carb on the bike, but sometimes I get behind and need a little boost.

A racer I used to ride with told me how much energy Hammer Gel gave her, so I asked what flavor she like best. "Oh, the Espresso." She didn't realize it wasn't just espresso flavor.
This was one aspect of these I really hated while still doing group rides. So many folks would tear open with teeth, consume, and throw the wrapper to the ground. The whole route was littered with these from YEARS of people doing the same thing. I advocated for people to stick them back in their jersey and often got looked at like I had a cat stapled to my forehead or something. They were more often apt to litter than have some sticky trash in a jersey they had to wash anyway.