View Single Post
Old 12-18-18, 04:02 PM
fronesis

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by shaneshane
Double checked chain size, it seems ok, not too short. but I guess it will differ between long cage and short cage derailleur?
The SRAM manual for Force 1 has you size the chain by wrapping the chain around the big-big, without going through the derailleur. When you say "not too short" does that mean you are seeing an overlap of two full inner links and two full outer links? On my bikes the chain was large enough to wrap around big-big, but they didn't have the amount of overlap that SRAM shows in the manual. First bike was too short by 2 links; the second was almost long enough, but was short by 1 link.

Force 1 is designed to work with the Force 1 clutched RD, which is obviously a long cage. So there's not really any issue of "switching" between long cage and short cage on Force 1.

Also, can you check what's your b-gap screw position, did you unscrew it all the way out to get the proper b-gap? thanks a lot
On my two bikes I can get the proper b-gap of 15mm with the screw still screwed in quite a bit.