Old 06-29-09, 05:51 AM
Danimal89

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
saw this in the local CL

http://hartford.craigslist.org/bik/1244613175.html

Everything to go touring: 1996 Bianchi Volpe, 58cm (23”) formerly an RSX 7-speeed. Improvements include spreading and realigning the rear triangle to accommodate a 135mm hub, new 36-spoke hybrid wheels (so I could use Schrader valves) with an 11-30 mega-range 8-speed cassette, replacing the 1” threaded fork with a modern threadless touring fork with low rider mounts and replacing the handlebars and stem with current stuff. The STI levers were replaced with bar-end shifters and road levers, the rear derailleur was replaced with a Deore XT model, eyelet extensions were fabricated to allow a rear rack as well as fenders to be mounted, and all cables were replaced.
Specifically, the front fork is from NYC Bikes through eBay, 1” threadless uncircumcised with inches of spacers, with lowrider mounts, the headset is a new 1” Ritchey Logic, stem is a new 110mm Aeron Price Point aluminum 17 deg. 25.4mm dia., bars are new Price Point aluminum 44cm 25.4mm dia., bar-end shifters are new Shimano SL-BS50-L 8-speed, brakes are Alivio cantilevers with recent pads, levers are new Tektro R200A Ergos in black, tape is black generic, cyclometer is a new Pyramid 8-function, front derailleur is the original RSX triple, which works fine, bottom bracket is probably the original cartridge Shimano BB-LP26, which makes no noise and is tight, seatpost is the original 26.8mm Kalloy, wheels are new bombproof hybrid 36-spoke XRims 202 with Shimano FH-RM40-8 hubs, drilled for Schreader valves, cassette is a new Sun Race 11-30, tires are new Michelin Trans World Kevlar 700c X 35, rear derailleur is a Shimano XT, rear rack is a used Jim Blackburn, front racks are used Axiom Journeys. The only things that weren’t replaced are the front derailleur, bottom bracket, brake cantis, downtube adjusters and seatpost. The pedals shown in the photos aren’t included, but I’ll include some flatties. And since saddles are a matter of personal preference, I’ll let the bike go with a Rapido touring saddle from the 90’s. I also have the original 7-speed wheels and tires, gooseneck stem, Nitto handlebars, headset and fork. The Zefal frame pump in the photos goes with the bike.
The rear panniers are TransIt Pro DX 2480 ci with rain covers, the front panniers are Nashbar ATB 2350 ci that came without the rain covers (disposable shower caps work fine), I’ll throw in the cheap Bell handlebar bag and a Bushwacker seat bag.
The sleeping bag is a Kelty Saturn 30 deg. mummy bag synthetic fill 2-1/2 lbs., brand new, never used. The ground pad is a Field & Stream 1-1/2" thick full-size inflatable model that rolls up to 6" X 10", brand new. The tent is a Wenzel Starlite 1-1/2 man, modified. The steel stakes were replaced with aluminum ones from Dick’s, the poles were replaced with thinner ones from an umbrella tent, bringing the weight down to 2 lbs., 6 oz. I have the stock poles to go with it. The tent has never been camped in, just set up and wet-tested. Included is a coated nylon ground cloth and a rainfly, both from an old pup tent. By the way, the tent was seam-sealed 4 times.
Almost all of the accessories are reflectorized, including the tires, panniers, handlebar bag and seat bag.
This is a package deal. I’d consider breaking it up, but not before seeing the response I get altogether.
Please respond with a legitimate phone number.