Old 02-08-18, 07:37 AM
Stormsedge

Bikes: 2017 Trek Domane SL6 Disc, 1990 Schwinn Crosscut Frankenroadbike, 2015 KHS Team 29 FS, 2000 Gary Fisher Tassajara--gone but not forgotten

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 155 Post(s)
Liked 49 Times in 30 Posts
Originally Posted by ccinnz
I'm about the same height as you with a slightly longer inseam.
I ride a 62cm frame. For me I find it perfect. I have always preferred larger frames as I feel cramped on smaller ones.
At the end of the day if you're comfortable that is all that matters really. If you rode a smaller framed bike you'd no doubt still have the seat and bars set to something like the levels you have them at now. All you're doing is filling the `air space' that a smaller frame would give you with frame, for what would be effectively the same riding position.
In conclusion, bike size/fit looks good. Let your body and your riding tell you what is right, not what the `experts' tell you to conform with today's trend for an aggressive/competitive fit.
I have always ended up with the "next larger" frame as they seem more comfortable. If you are going to use your existing drivetrain and components, what's to lose except some bar tape and cabling? Seems a science experiment might be appropriate just to answer your curiousity.