Bike Forums - View Single Post - Got caught in the rain, and I liked it.
View Single Post
Old 11-20-19, 04:52 PM
noglider 
aka Tom Reingold

Bikes: 1962 Rudge Sports, 1971 Raleigh Super Course, 1971 Raleigh Pro Track, 1974 Raleigh International, 1975 Viscount Fixie, 1982 McLean, 1996 Lemond (Ti), 2002 Burley Zydeco tandem

Mentioned: 460 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6027 Post(s)
Liked 515 Times in 361 Posts
I rode out to the bike coop on Monday evening. It was drizzling lightly, and I was perfectly comfortable. When it came time to go home, the rain had become fairly heavy. I don't remember the temperature, maybe 45ºF (7ºC). My hands got a little wet, my feet got fairly wet, and my thighs got wettest of all. I wore a nice warm hat and a good jacket. Overall, it was mostly unfun, but it wasn't hell. Not being able to see well was one of the worst things. I wear a mirror on my glasses. My glasses got too water-covered, so I took them off, leaving me mirrorless. My prescription is mild, so being glassesless isn't the worst thing.

I'm going to try to put a soap film on my glasses to see if that helps in the rain. If it doesn't, I'll buy some Rain-X and see if that helps.

“When man invented the bicycle he reached the peak of his attainments.” — Elizabeth West, US author

Please email me rather than PM'ing me. Thanks.