Old 01-27-20, 02:54 PM
chadtrent

Bikes: 2020 Canyon Endurace CF SL

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked 109 Times in 47 Posts
Wheel upgrade suggestion...

I am getting ready to replace my Mavic Aksiums. They have served me well over the past 10 years, but it's time for an upgrade. So I'm looking for suggestions.

My budget is about $600 USD. I need clincher, rim brakes and a QR hub. I ride pretty much only road. I guess I'm not that hard on wheels as I have never broken a spoke on these or had to get them rebuilt or anything. I have replaced the bearings a couple times but nothing other than that. I do true them over the winter but they never really need much. I am on the fence about tubeless, so that's not a deal breaker.

I'm considering a few sets:

Rolf Prima Echelon - I don't know much about them but I talked to a Rolf rep not long ago and he said they don't put rider weight limits on their aluminum wheels and he suggested them to me. Of course he was a sales rep so naturally he wanted me to buy his wheels.

Mavic Ksyrium UST - I have always ridden Mavic wheels and had good luck, but I've heard recently their quality has gone downhill.

Spinergy Z Lite - Again, no weight limit. But I don't know about the spokes. I've done research and it seems like some people love them and never have a single issue, or they get a set that is nothing but problems and they hate them.

Custom built Colorado Cyclist wheelset - DT Swiss 350 hubs with DT R411 rims. I have never had a set of custom built wheels, so I don't know anything about them, but I hear good things.

I'm also open to other suggestions. I just want them available in the US so that I can get parts if I need them.

Last edited by chadtrent; 01-27-20 at 02:57 PM.